Friday, May 22, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I got this recipe from a friend of mine at church and she got it from a friend of hers. It is soooooo worth passing along that I am giving you my version of it here. Im not a big fan of Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...usually they are too thin or too crispy for my liking. However, these are amazing. I could eat 100 of them and after I figured out how good they were, I made them like 6 times in one week! The dough is another story...Ive been tempted to make it just so I could eat the dough.


I know I haven't been very good with this recipe blog but lets face it....my repertoire is pretty lame. We eat the same things every week and usually it doesn't even require a recipe. So occasionally when I find a good recipe, then I will post it here.

Big Oatmeal Cookies
adapted from Our Scoop

CREAM TOGETHER
1/2 cup Margarine
1/2 cup Butter (I used another 1/2 cup of margarine instead of butter)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup White Sugar

In a separate bowl mix:

2 eggs
2 tsp Vanilla

Tip: Mixing Vanilla and Eggs together in a separate bowl will bring
out the Vanilla flavor more in the cookie.
Add Eggs and Vanilla to the Sugar/Butter mix
.


In a separate bowl mix:

2 cups Oats
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Bag of Butterscotch Chips (the original recipe calls for semi-sweet here)
1/2 Bag of Milk Chocolate Chips


Mix all together

Use 1/4 cup of cookie dough for one cookie: This makes Ginormous cookies....I scaled it down a bit and only used about 1/8 cup.


Bake @ 350

13-14 min. Not too long or they get too crispy

Let cool on pan for 2-3 min.

Makes about 24 cookies or double if you reduce the scoop size!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Vanessa, these look awesome. Can you make them with all butter, do you think?

Vanessa Shannon said...

Mel, I think using all butter would be yummy..maybe they would be a little thinner but still good!