Monday, November 3, 2008

Southwest Chicken Tortilla Soup....


We had this soup Sunday for my son's birthday party. I forgot to take pictures of it....I know, I know, Im sorry. Bad food blogger, what can I say. I will definiately be making this soup again and will get a picture next time. For now you get to see how much of it was left after the party. This should tell you how good it was. I got the recipe from my friend Kristin. She made it for our Bunko game night and it was soooooo good.

Southwest Chicken Tortilla Soup
Kristin Fowles

1 small white onion diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbs oil
1 lb chicked diced or shredded (I just used a rotisserie chicken from the store)
2 14oz cans chicken broth
1 15 oz can diced tomatos
1 15 oz can diced tomatos with green chilis
1 7 oz can green chilis
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp corriander
1/4 tsp cumin
1 15 oz can white beans (I used great northern beans)
2 cups corn (I just used canned corn, 2 cans)
pepper
chopped cilantro
shredded cheese
tortilla strips

- heat oil. Cook onion and garlic in oil until soft. Stir in chicken broth, tomatos, green chilis, and spices. Bring to boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Add corn, chicken, and beans then simmer for another 5 minutes (at this point I transferred mixture to a crock pot because it wouldnt all fit in my skillet.) Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Top with chopped cilantro, cheese, tortilla strips and sour cream.

No comments: