Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oreo Cookies.....


I got this recipe from a girl that I worked with years ago....cant remember her name. They are sinfully good and I bet you can't eat just one!






Oreo Cookie

1 box Devils Food cake mix
2 eggs
3/4 shortening


~ mix these ingredients together. Dough will be pretty thick. Roll into quarter sized balls (or bigger if you want a bigger cookie) Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes on 350 degrees. I personally dont cook mine longer than 8 minutes because I prefer a soft and chewy cookie.

Filling

1 lb box of powdered sugar
1 8oz block of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup of butter (yes, that means 2 whole sticks!)
1 tsp vanilla
~cream butter and cream cheese together first. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Add vanilla.

TIPS:

It is best to chill the frosting first before spreading but if you dont have time, then definitely you will need to chill the cookies after otherwise the filling will ooze out and make a huge mess! I always just keep them in the fridge until ready to serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen these made with shortening as the filling, but I like the idea of using cream cheese instead, they look delicious :).