Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Faux" Lion House Rolls

Those of you that know the Lion House Rolls know that they are they best rolls on the planet. I swear I could eat an entire tray of them. I have the actual recipe and truthfully it isnt that difficult. However, it is somewhat time consuming. Recently a friend of mine that attends my church gave me this recipe which tastes pretty darn close to the coveted Lion House Rolls and its a bit more simple. It makes a lot too which is great because if you are like me, you eat more than one roll with each meal!

7 cups Flour
2 Tbs yeast (3 1/2 pkts) - use the quick rise
2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 tsp salt
2 eggs

  • Mix together 3 1/2 cup flour, yeast, salt, sugar
  • Heat 1 1/2 cup milk & shortening until melted. Remove from heat and add rest of milk.
  • Pour liquid into dry ingredients and add the eggs and the rest of the flour. Mix well.
  • Knead with flour for 2-3 minutes. Let rise until double in size. Punch down and roll out and shape ( I make crescents) Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Let rise again for 15-30 minutes
  • Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Sorry I dont have a picture.....I will post one the next time I make them!


No comments: